Skip to Main Content
Ask Us: Chat, email, visit or call
The library offers a range of helpful services. All of our appointments are free of charge and confidential.
What are scores?
- A score (or sheet music) is a written representation of a musical composition
- It is only one way of capturing musical language
How do I find scores?
- To find a score, use Omni or one of the specialized score search tools listed below
- Use a variety of different searches and combination of keywords, including
- Composer name (including spelling variations)
- Work number
- Singular and plural forms (e.g. "symphony", "symphonies")
Music Online: Classical Scores Library
Includes all major classical musical genres and time periods from the Middle Ages to the 21st century. Contains full, study, piano, and vocal scores.
Subject Matter Timeframe: Middle Ages -21st Century
Dates of Coverage: 500 A.D. - Current
Resources to help with music research