Make sure that you are using WeVideo in Google Chrome (best) or Firefox (fair). WeVideo is not compatible with Safari, Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer.
After getting access to WeVideo and creating an account, go to your Dashboard to start a new project.
Option 1: Create a new edit
Option 2: Choose to modify a template
Transitions are used between clips and images to provide a smoother and more interesting look to your video.
You can add additional audio or video tracks.
There are a lot of audio options within WeVideo.
You can add backgrounds, overlays and frames to your video.
If your image has a width and a height that is different from your screen size, you may want to resize your image so that there are no black bars showing. This can make your video look more polished and professional.
1. Select the clip that you want to resize in the timeline
2. Mouse over the icon with 3 lines and click the pencil icon to open the clip editor
3. Click on the leftmost tab with the sliders icon and make sure that you're on the Transform menu. Select ;the Fit Frame option
4. WeVideo will automatically make your image fit the screen. Make use of the Scale slider in the Transform menu to make your image bigger or smaller.
1. Select the clip that you want to animate in the timeline
2.Mouse over the icon with 3 lines and click the pencil icon to open the clip editor
3. Click on the second tab with three overlapping rectangles to open the Animation menu
4. Click on Start and adjust the position and size of the image by using the Scale slider and by clicking and dragging on the image in the preview window. This will be the first frame of your animation
5. Click on End and adjust the position and size of the image by using the Scale slider and by clicking and dragging on the image in the preview window. This will be the last frame of your animation
6. Click Save Changes to save your work. WeVideo will calculate the difference between the first frame and the last frame to automatically animate the image.
You can undo an action by clicking the arrow in the bottom left hand corner above your tracks.
Collaborative Projects is a WeVideo feature that allows multiple editors to work together on a single video project. When someone from your group is editing the project, the Collaborative Projects feature ensures that the project will automatically lock to prevent other group members from making changes to the project at the same time.
1. To create a new collaborative project, log in to WeVideo and click on the Projects tab
2. Click on the + button in the bottom right corner of the page to Create a New Project
3. Give your project a title and a description. Select "Collaborative" and click Next
4. Select your group from the list. If you signed up for a WeVideo account through your course guide as part of a class assignment, you should see your course code on the list. Click Next to continue
5. Select group members from the list to add to the project and click Next.
6. You'll have the option of importing media from your media folder to your project. This step is completely optional. Click Next to continue
7. Click Create Video to get started with your Collaborative Project
Note: If you do not see the collaborate feature when you go to do this, please contact the Media Studio directly so we can make sure you're part of a group.
There is an option to choose a theme in the top menu. The themes come with predefined music, text style and transitions.
Note: If you've already started your project, and you add a theme, it will add everything on top of what you've already selected. You can make changes to the preselected media if you add a theme.
Screen Recording enables you to record a video of your entire computer screen or a single desktop window. Any actions that you take on the screen (scrolling, clicking, etc) are recorded. Once you finish recording you can save the recording as a video, and use it within WeVideo.
Please note that Screen Recording is only available on premium accounts (provided by the university, but LIMITED spots are available each semester) and Google Chrome Browser is required. Also please ensure that the version of Chrome you are running is 70 or above.
To begin, create a new recording in your dashboard window.
You will be presented with three options: create a webcam recording, a screen recording, or both simultaneously.
Select Screen, choose where you would like to save your recording in the drop-down menu, and click OK.
You will be prompted to choose an audio source. Select the default (microphone array) and click next.
You have the option of recording the entire screen or just a specific open window. You also have the option to record a voiceover while recording.
Select your screen or window and click on Share to begin.
You will know that it is recording when you see this status:
When you are done recording, click on Stop sharing.
You will then be able to preview what you just recorded.
You can start over by clicking on Record New. If you are happy with your recording, you can click on save to immediately upload it to WeVideo.
Once the upload has completed, you can use your screen recording just like any other video file.
If you would like to download the screen recording, you can export and download it just like any other WeVideo file.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.