Skip to Main Content
Ask Us: Chat, email, visit or call
The library offers a range of helpful services. All of our appointments are free of charge and confidential.
How do I edit my whiteboard video in iMovie?
- Import into iMovie:
- Whiteboard drawing footage,
- Edited audio recording, and
- Any music or sound effects you're wanting to use for your video
- Organize your footage in order by dragging each scene to the iMove timeline.
- Delete background noise
- For each scene of your video on the timeline, right-click and select 'detach audio' > 'audio below' > press delete.
- Edit each scene individually
- Brighten your footage - try for more blue than yellow using the colour balance tool + 'auto'
- Trim your footage - try some scenes with the hand coming in and out, and others without.
- Add transitions between clips.
- Speed up your footage to match the audio speed. (detail how-to for this step)
- Add white screen if/where necessary (add steps)
- Insert a title and ending/credits slide at the beginning and end of your video to create a professional and polished look.
- Add in music and additional sound effects throughout the video to create additional dynamics within your video.