Skip to Main Content
Ask Us: Chat, email, visit or call
Handout: How to Create a Poster
Handout: Academic Poster Templates
The library offers a range of helpful services. All of our appointments are free of charge and confidential.
Where do I find...
- Design > Slide Size > Custom Slide Size > 122x92 cm or 48”x36” (or specific size required).
- Specific requirements can vary from conference to conference, so be sure to follow instructions on slide size, including an abstract, etc.
- Insert > Text Box to add the first text box, then Copy and Paste it once you have it properly formatted.
- Use sans serif fonts such as Arial or Calibri for body text.
- Title: 100-120 pt, Authors: 60-90 pt, Institution: 40-60 pt
- Section titles: 40-60 pt
- Body text: at least 28 pt, over 32 pt is ideal.
- References & Acknowledgments can be as small as 18 pt
- Right click on text box > Size and Position
- Text Box > Do not Autofit
- Size: manually enter size using whole numbers
- Position: manually enter position using whole numbers, leave 1 cm / 0.5 inch borders between text boxes
- Calculate text box size based on poster height/width, with 1 cm borders and space between text boxes
- Use Guides and zoom to help align objects: right click on slide > Guides > select both Smart Guides and Guides